|1. In this law -||Definitions (Amended 1990)|
|" Apartment " - a room or a set of rooms intended for habitation, business or any other purpose;||Amendment no. 5 -2011|
|“ Instructions relating to Maintenance and Usage ” – instructions relating to maintenance and usage, as may be required, in respect of the apartment or any content therein, the communal property as defined by the Real Estate Law and its Facilities, and concerning special features of the apartment or any content therein;|
|" Real Estate Law "- Real Estate Law -1969|
|" Sale " - including leasing for a period of 25 years or more, including an undertaking to sell or to lease as aforesaid, and to bring about a sale or a lease as aforesaid, and an association act, as defined in the Land Appreciation Tax Law 1963;|
|" Seller " - a person who sells an apartment built or to be built by him, whether by himself or through another on land owned by himself or another, in order to sell it, and it includes a person who sells an apartment bought by him from the person who built it or is to build it as aforesaid in order to sell it, but does not include a person who sells an apartment not built by himself or for the sale of which he has received no consideration from the buyer;|
|" Buyer "- a person who purchases an apartment from a seller|
|" Secondary Buyer "- the person who purchases an apartment from a buyer and his replacements and the replacement of the buyer;|
|" Building Regulations " –Planning and Building Regulations (Request for Permit, its Conditions and Fees) – 1970;||Amendment no. 5 -2011|
|" Standard " and " Official Standard " - as defined in the Standards Law 1953.|
|" The Minister "- the Minister of Building and Housing.|
|Obligation to provide specifications and instructions relating to maintenance and usage (amendment no. 5 -2011) .|
|2(a) The seller of an apartment must attach specifications to the contract of the sale and instructions relating to maintenance and usage.|
|Amendment no. 2, 1990|
|Amendment no. 5, 2011|
|( Amendment no. 5, 2011)|
|Amendment no. 5 -2011|
|Duty to Deliver Specification|
|2(a)(1) The seller will attach to the contract of sale, at the time of signing same, specifications and instructions relating to maintenance and usage signed by him; should at the time of signing the contract, the seller not possess all the necessary details regarding instructions for maintenance and usage, the said instructions will be handed over to the buyer, signed by him when transferring the apartment to the buyer's possession.||Amendment no. 5, 2011|
|(b) Every amendment of the specification requires the signatures of both parties.||Amendment no. 5, 2011|
1. Defects in products and carpentry, including aluminum and plastic – two years.
2. Defects in interior flooring and cladding including sinking and subsidence – two years.
3. Failure in functioning and durability of machines and boilers – three years.
4. Failure in the development of the yard, including sinking including of pavement on the ground floor, in the parking areas, in the sidewalks and paths in the building compound – three years.
5. Failure in the thermal installation systems – three years
6. Failure in the pipelines, including water, heating systems and gutters, … and sewage – four years; in the case “failure” – including leakage;
7. Failure in the sealing of the structure, including underground spaces, in the walls, in the roofs and ceilings, including light roofs with sealing – four years;
8. Cracks measuring width 1.5 millimeters ……. – five years.
9. Disengagement, peeling or crumbling of exterior cladding – seven years;
10. Any other non-conformity that is not fundamental non-conformity – one year.
In this addendum –
“Failure” – Complete or partial failure in the function of the product or the system;
“Defect” – Defect in the function or durability of the product or the system, including non-conformity of stability, intactness, quality and appearance, of each component separately or overall.
Prime Minister Zeev Sharf
Minister of Housing Efraim Katzir
President of the State